none
Project Server 2010 Exchange Integration (task/time issue) RRS feed

• Question

• We have project Server 2010 implemented with Exchange 2007 integration setup. It seems to be working as designed. However we are now seeing some strange behavior that I want to have verified.

Basically I believe that its a simple time conversion issue between the project server and Outlook.

if we have phases & tasks that are decimal in time (69.08 h, 8.03h, 56.05, etc) duration, these do not come across cleanly in outlook. In fact it appears that Outlook gets so confused that it will display the tasks with seemingly random increments (482 min, 3363 mi, etc).

Is there a limitation to the lowest time increment that Exchange integration tasks can handle? ie .25h

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you! 

Update - and is there a way to "force" this lowest time increment?
    • Edited by kcleypoldt Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:36 PM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:35 PM

All replies

• I believe this issue is more on Outlook side irrespective of if the tasks are created through exchange synchronization or not

Simply create a Task in Outlook and try entering random values in the Total Work or Actual Work boxes for those tasks and observe what happens there. If it gives you same issues what you are facing for the tasks which are synced from Project Server, then better the focus to be kept on Outlook side.

Below are the field mapping for this particular scenario:

Outlook

Actual Work

Total Work

Exchange

taskActualWork

taskTotalWork

Project Server

ASSN_ACT_WORK

ASSN_WORK

Abhijeet

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:28 AM
  • You may also refer below link which provides more insight into how outlook does this calculation:

http://kbalertz.com/234590/Conversions-Incorrect.aspx

Abhijeet

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:36 AM