Driver installation module has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I have Hp pavilion dv 6502 au laptop

As i was installing my Conexant audio driver i got a message " Driver installation module has stopped working" and a message was displayer driver failed to install.

Somehow i tried to install but it takes up a high definition driver and the sound coming out of my speaker is too much distorted...

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    DrvInst.exe
      Application Version:    6.0.6000.16609
      Application Timestamp:    47575748
      Fault Module Name:    StackHash_a024
      Fault Module Version:    6.0.6000.16386
      Fault Module Timestamp:    4549bdc9
      Exception Code:    c0000374
      Exception Offset:    000af1c9
      OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    16393
      Additional Information 1:    a024
      Additional Information 2:    9e2bbe44fcb49d531ef7478a9e4d269c
      Additional Information 3:    c01f
      Additional Information 4:    bbaf67c1f1948abab163e85812652c01

This was the problem details....and everytime i get this i have to reinstal my windows or till that i need to work with a distorted speaker.

Need help guys.....
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi ankitojha,

I think it is common problem with sound card's drivers to Vista. I found the same problem installing drivers for Realtek sound card which I downloaded from producent website. but I fixed it installing drivers from Toshiba's website (older but working).

So, what I can suggest you is:

1. Don't have to reinstall Vista everytime you install wrong drivers. From Device Manager you are able to roll out drivers to previous version.

2. Download drivers for Vista from HP website rather than conexant's one. Sometimes sound chips are made or dedicated for HP only.
    3. Find exactly sound card chipset name and download right drivers. there many models from conexant.

Bart
    Bart Kurowski Professional Service Desk - MCP Getronics UK
    • Proposed as answer by BArt IT Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:58 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:52 PM
  • Hi bart

Thanks for the advice..i will look out for the sound card drivers

actually i had installed the latest driver available from the website of HP only but still the sound becomes distorted.....

Once i already had this problem while installing Vista SP1 so i had to format...but now just suddenly it stopped working..

As i installed the driver it take any at last it took one conexant AMC driver but that also just throws out distorted sound.....and every time i open the sound propertied in control panel it display the enhancement of the device is not working properly and needs to be disabled.

Friday, July 31, 2009 7:37 AM