How can an App-V bubble Register DLLs (regsrv32) in App-V Client machine? RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I'm using App-V 4.6 for distributing of an application.

The application needs to have 2 DLLs registered (regsrv32) in order to run.

When installing the application normally (without App-V system) the installer registers the DLLs by itself.

How can I create the package in the Sequencer so that it'll register the DLLs?

Thanks a lot!

Monday, April 25, 2016 7:41 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your reply.

Actually, in my case, and for some reason I cannot point at, extra work was required.
    When I launched the sequenced application it crashed and that was because of DLLs which were not registered.
    Using regsvr32 on the Client machine solved the issue.

I found a solution for my problem in another forum.
    They suggested that my Sequencer machine will have a physical Q drive and not a virtual Q drive which is created during Sequencer installation.

This solved the issue.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:35 AM

All replies

• When you register a DLL using regsvr32, it normally creates respective registry entries in the machine using the DllRegisterServer. So when you sequence the application which registers using regsvr32, the appropriate registry keys will be captured during monitoring phase by the sequencer itself and there will be no need for extra work.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:20 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Actually, in my case, and for some reason I cannot point at, extra work was required.
    When I launched the sequenced application it crashed and that was because of DLLs which were not registered.
    Using regsvr32 on the Client machine solved the issue.

I found a solution for my problem in another forum.
    They suggested that my Sequencer machine will have a physical Q drive and not a virtual Q drive which is created during Sequencer installation.

This solved the issue.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:35 AM