TMG with 2 NICs in DMZ For POP3/IMAP Publishing RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a single homed TMG server publishing Exchange 2010 OWA, OA, ActiveSync, etc. installed within a DMZ. This is all working well.

We now need to implement publishing of POP3 and IMAP to the same Exchange 2010 CAS server.  ISA didn't support publishing non-web services on a unihomed server, and I figure TMG will have the same limitation.

The solution seems simple, install a 2nd NIC and configure the publishing rules. My question however is can I have both NICs on the TMG server connected to the same network subnet (for example the DMZ network segment)? And if it is supported, which TMG template should be selected when reconfiguring the server?

Thanks,

Friday, November 5, 2010 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you must select the Edge Network Template and you have to use two different IP subnets with ISA/TMG when ISA/TMG is configured with two network cards.

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFTModerator Monday, November 8, 2010 3:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by iKC Monday, November 8, 2010 5:39 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you must select the Edge Network Template and you have to use two different IP subnets with ISA/TMG when ISA/TMG is configured with two network cards.

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFTModerator Monday, November 8, 2010 3:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by iKC Monday, November 8, 2010 5:39 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:51 PM
  • You will need to connect the NIC to another DMZ or potentially connect the new "internal" NIC directly to the LAN. I too would use the edge template...
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 1:37 AM