SCE 2010- Network Inventory RRS feed

• Question

• Is SCE 2010 has got any sort of capability to collect NIC settings(basically, just the IP and default gateway) of all the servers across the domain?

I have gone through this link and get to see that SCE 2010 comes with a network management pack. I could not fully understand capabilities of a network management pack.

http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/en/us/essentials/sce-compare-products.aspx

Friday, November 5, 2010 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hello hranjan,

You can monitor the NIC settings for all managed computers in SCE console by running Hardware Inventory or by running "IPConfig" task.

However, there is not a network Management Pack. I believe it is "Network Device Management Pack" instead. A Network Device Management Pack is provided to manage SNMP-enabled routers, switches and so on.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Friday, November 12, 2010 9:21 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:39 AM
  • go to monitoring->Microsoft Windows Server->Network adapter state.  Will show you ip, mac, subnet.  Kind of curious why you'd be concerning yourself with a default gateway.
    Ok, so I changed my name...you can still call me Tom if you like. It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Magnuson Monday, November 8, 2010 5:10 PM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hello hranjan,

You can monitor the NIC settings for all managed computers in SCE console by running Hardware Inventory or by running "IPConfig" task.

However, there is not a network Management Pack. I believe it is "Network Device Management Pack" instead. A Network Device Management Pack is provided to manage SNMP-enabled routers, switches and so on.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:39 AM
  • go to monitoring->Microsoft Windows Server->Network adapter state.  Will show you ip, mac, subnet.  Kind of curious why you'd be concerning yourself with a default gateway.
    Ok, so I changed my name...you can still call me Tom if you like. It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Magnuson Monday, November 8, 2010 5:10 PM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 1:57 PM
  • @ Yog..Yes it's network device management pack...My bad.. Sorry!!

@Tim..Thanks a lot!!

Monday, November 8, 2010 4:55 PM