Forefront client security agent installtion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have installed 3 server topology for FCS deployment.
    I have Management console + cleection server with database on one server. I have reporting server and its databse on second server and i have distribution server( running WSUS) on 3rd server (have automatic approval for all computers for forefront security). I have created a policy and deployed it through Group policy. I have deployed one winxp (with windows installed 
    + windows update agent) for testing. I can see the group policy applied to this workstation (rsop.msc) but i don't see forefront client security agent installing through WSUS . Can anyone give me some pointers on what could be wrong? If i have missing somethind and need to be done to install client agent through WSUS\distribution server?
    Thanks in advance. 

Regards,
    Rohit Goel

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:04 AM

Answers

• It sounds like you still need to manually approve the FCS client component. Auto approval rules won't do the trick for any update with a EULA, and the FCS client has a EULA you'll need to acknowledge before the update will be distributed to your clients. Check out my response at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Forefrontclientsetup/thread/a5a35df5-5470-4236-9350-05761eb8bb84.

Good luck.
    Josh
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:37 AM