program running issues. RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,

i am am attempting to run some programs on my PC to no avail. there are currently 2 programs that will not run. I double click on them, the computer thinks about it for a second and then...nothing. i went into the event viewer and windows has logged these events as issues however i cannot make sense of it. i am suspecting is has something to do with apache or PHP but beyond that i dont know. one of the programs that wont run is the upgrade wizard for my wireless card - hence i no longer have internet on that computer!

the log files are at this location: https://cid-181bbab697f3f536.office.live.com/browse.aspx/program%20run%20issues?nl=1&uc=3

, thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Tim

Monday, December 20, 2010 7:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may try run this program under Clean Boot. maybe the program can run but crash at once.

If the issue persists, I would like to suggest to contact the program's publisher.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, December 27, 2010 1:48 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 3:29 AM

All replies

• hey guys, am i posting this in the correct forum? i wasn't sure where else to post this. Thanks
    Monday, December 20, 2010 12:20 PM
  • Hi, have you checked in task manager, see if the program is already up and running? If so, there must be multiple copies of them so they may be just stucked. In that case, you can just terminate all the processes and start it over, or the quicker solution is, just restart your computer.

I used to have similar situation with Outlook.

And by the way, the log files are not available anymore, 'the item might not exist or is no longer available' pops up when I clicked the link.

Monday, December 20, 2010 1:20 PM
  • The link doesn't work.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:57 PM
  • hi people, apologies about the bad link. here is the link that should be working now (i checked so hopefully it works):

http://cid-181bbab697f3f536.office.live.com/browse.aspx/program%20run%20issues?permissionsChanged=1&1

and magicnicho, no the program was not already running when i found this error occuring. I would also wait to see if things were still loading in the background. there seems to be some error occuring, a conflict or a crash of some sort, im just really struggling to identify what. so if you guys can offer some insight it would be really helpful, thank you.

Monday, December 20, 2010 10:56 PM
  • Would anyone be able to give me some hints or tips where to start with this porblem? i am having a real hard time solving this one. thanks guys.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:05 PM
  • I don't use Guitar World Digital or Apache so I can't help you here.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:22 PM
  • okay thanks, but any idea identifying the actual problem or where the failure may be occuring? i had a hard time reviewing the problem code and identifying what i can modify to improve my chances of this working. thanks
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:44 AM
  • Hi,

You may try run this program under Clean Boot. maybe the program can run but crash at once.

If the issue persists, I would like to suggest to contact the program's publisher.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, December 27, 2010 1:48 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 3:29 AM