none
Project Server Upgrade to 2013 - some project sites Issues & Risks lookup column issue RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded our Project Server to 2013.  All seemed to go well except for a handful of Project Sites - the Issues and/or Risk lookup columns in the Status Updates and/or Change Requests list is not working.  When I open up the column, in the Issues or Risk list, it doesnt' appear to be looking up to any list.

I've tried the Bulk Updates but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Sunday, July 19, 2015 11:30 PM

All replies

• Kel,

It may be that the ID of the Risks list has changed during the upgrade.  It is possible to fix this via PowerShell on the server, but it is a fairly advanced activity.

We have done this before by changing the SchemaXML property on the Lookup Field to repair the ID for the risks list.  If you are not up to writing the powershell yourself, you might want to engage a partner to to it for you.

Regards,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

Monday, July 20, 2015 3:46 AM
  • Thanks for the response James.  Sounds a bit complex for me.

Would it work to just remove the column and re-add to that particular project site?

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:57 AM
  • Sure - that should work.  

Just be careful as you will lose any current data in that column when you delete it. (Even though the current values are inaccessible, they are most probably still there until you delete the column)

Cheers,

James.

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:21 AM
  • Unless you have some powershell code to share on how to rectify this?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:45 PM
  • Unless you have some powershell code to share on how to rectify this?

Yes, but might be a bit dangerous, if targeted incorrectly would cause data loss.

There are people out there that execute anything they find on the Internet trying to solve their problems.

Its a simple script:

• Load the Web.List.Field object in question
    • Get the string from the SchemaXml property and replace the broken GUID with the correct GUID for the lookup list.  (Different for each web).
    • Put it in a loop to fix all webs.

Someone else can share it/support it - thats fine.

Cheers,

J.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:15 PM
  • Okay, thanks James. 
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 1:45 AM