Separate Database for Public Folders Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Migrating from Exchange 2010 to 2013.  I understand that public folders will now be stored as mailboxes. I have been advised that they still need their own database and they will not replicate to other Exchange servers in the DAG. Everything that I read is contrary to that advice. My questions are simple. Will these new public folder mailboxes behave the same as other mailboxes? Do they require a dedicated database or can they co-exist with other mailboxes?  If they require a dedicated database, is that counted as one of the 5 databases allowed with Exchange Standard? Thank you in advance for your replies!
    Friday, March 3, 2017 2:05 PM

Answers

• Migrating from Exchange 2010 to 2013.  I understand that public folders will now be stored as mailboxes. I have been advised that they still need their own database and they will not replicate to other Exchange servers in the DAG. Everything that I read is contrary to that advice. My questions are simple. Will these new public folder mailboxes behave the same as other mailboxes? Do they require a dedicated database or can they co-exist with other mailboxes?  If they require a dedicated database, is that counted as one of the 5 databases allowed with Exchange Standard? Thank you in advance for your replies!

just put the mailboxes in the other databases like any other user mailbox and leverage replication . No need to create a separate DB.
    • Marked as answer by lbessegato Friday, March 3, 2017 2:41 PM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 2:20 PM