none
importing local security policy into SCM creates error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to compare local security policies created in XP (ten years ago) with the W7 best practices.  SCM is a total pain in the ARSE!  Looks powerful enough but getting it to do what I want has proved slow and difficult.  I can export my local gpo settings, import into GPMC or into a W7 machine, but can't seem to import into SCM.  I can export from GPMC & W7 machine, but still can't import into SCM.  I get Value Cannot Be Null.  Parameter name: Value. 

It would really be nice if SCM could handle INF files!!!!!!!

Jason Yates
    Monday, May 2, 2011 10:24 PM

All replies

• Jason thanks for your feedback, RTW version of the tool now has the new feature called "Import GPO". Basically SCM is now able to parse a GPO Backup file and import that knowledge into the tool to effectively help you to customize and manage your organization’s existing knowledge stored in Active Directory. INF files are part of the GPO backup so i think you will be fine now. Please watch for the announcement of SCM 2.0 version of the tool. It is already on the Download Center and should be publicly blogged about any moment now.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:07 PM