none
Exchange 2013 moving mailbox from disables database

Question

• Hi all!

i have one of the mailboxes, that placed in the disabled MailboxDatabase.

Can i associate it with another database? There is no data needed in disabled database (all messages are saved into PST file and will be restored in new database. Thank!

Monday, April 23, 2018 11:22 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by disabled mailbox database? Do you mean a disconnected mailbox located on a database? 

If you mean the mailbox database is dismounted and a mailbox is still reside on the database, then I would move the mailbox to another database.

Monday, April 23, 2018 11:53 AM
  • Hi,

So, you are saying that, you have a UserMailbox that is located in a Dismounted Database? You want to associate that User Mailbox with Other Active Database??

Nope, you can't do that....

Monday, April 23, 2018 12:03 PM
  • Hi

You can get help from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj863439(v=exchg.160).aspx  to connect a disabled mailbox 

Regards,
    Raj

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 6:23 AM
  • Hi Iahmastik,

There is no 'Disabled Database' in Exchange so I imagine you have a DB for mailboxes which are no longer required? If that is the case you can use the command below to move the mailbox:

new-moverequest <user@example.com> -targetdatabase <newDatabase>

Additional info on new-moverequest here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150487(v=exchg.160).aspx

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:58 AM
  • Hi lahmastik,

We don’t know the meaning of ”disabled mailbox database”.
    As Michael Vi has said, if this mailbox on a dismounted database, we suggest you mount this database again then migrate this mailbox to other database.

Since you have a copy of this mailbox’s data, you can also delete it from this old database then create a new mailbox on the new database, then import .pst file to new mailbox.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:36 AM
  • Hi lahmastik,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 30, 2018 1:50 AM