none
Start Project Server Service Application with PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• It may be a very simple question: how could the Project Server Application be started using PowerShell?

Sure there's 'Start-SPProjectServerApplication' but it needs an Identity GUID, you'll could use 'Get-SPServiceApplication' for a list of applications, copy-and-paste the GUID from here, but there's no way of filter for the specific Project Server Application. Another idea is to use the only Get* Command from Project Server PowerShell support 'Get-SPProjectWebInstance' with the URL parameter, but this one won't work until the instance is started.

How could a PowerShell three-liner look like to start the Project Server Application?

Monday, January 30, 2012 11:02 AM

Answers

• When you put the to pices together like

Start-SPServiceInstance -Identity (Get-SPServiceInstance | ? {$_.TypeName -like "*Project*"})

it works great, thanks for your ideas and have a good day.

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:45 PM

All replies

• Did you mean Project Application Service instead of Project Server Application?

You can use this command to get Identity & Status of your Project Application Service in your farm:

Get-SPServiceInstance | ? {$_.TypeName -like "*Project*"}

and use Start-SPServiceInstance [-Identity] command to start service:

Start-SPServiceInstance [-Identity]

example (in my case):

Start-SPServiceInstance 406f1ce4-fba2-4ccb-a150-d895c8b350ce

----

« Accept Me as Me »

Monday, January 30, 2012 8:21 PM
  • When you put the to pices together like

Start-SPServiceInstance -Identity (Get-SPServiceInstance | ? {$_.TypeName -like "*Project*"})

it works great, thanks for your ideas and have a good day.

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:45 PM