cursor disappears RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have dell computer with windows 7.

My cursor disappears suddenly while I am writing something in any office program (word,excell, powerpoint, outlook) or IE. When I click, cursor appears but disappears again. Sometimes it stops disappearing and sometimes it continuously disappears.

What Should I do?

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:17 PM

All replies

• http://www.pnw4runners.com/temp2/mouse_pointer.jpg

go to control panel and then mouse and find that tab shown in pic.. uncheck the box for hide pointer while typing

• Edited by Ang101 Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

This phenomenon may be related to Spell Checking feature. In Office 2011, spell checking also takes considerably longer than in the earlier versions. In particular when you are working with a non-English language version, but write text in English.

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macword/disappearing-cursor-in-word-for-mac-2011/549c7315-ba9f-4e2d-aef3-154f90a2e7b8

Best Regards,
    Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:43 AM
  • I have already tried this option
    Friday, March 9, 2012 10:13 AM
  • have you enabled updates for office and installed all of the latest ones through windows update?
    Friday, March 9, 2012 2:27 PM
  • Mouse dissappearing started after I have updated office
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:44 PM
  • This does not work out the problem
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:44 PM
  • The Windows 8 update caused the same problem on my laptop. I restored back to previous point and it got resolved. I forgot to disable Windows auto-update and it happened again, so I did a restore (from Safe mode) and it worked again. It might be worth avoiding the windows auto-updates until this is resolved. So far I haven't seen anything to indicate that this has been picked up as a bug.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 11:41 PM
  • I have the same problem after updating Windows
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:17 PM