none
SCCM 2012 and SQL 2008 R2 Cluster Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with our new SCCM 2012 installation when communicating to an SQL 2008 R2 cluster hosting the DB for SCCM.  This previously worked fine in SCCM 2007.  I have created a new virtual instance/server on the cluster nodes and the installation of SCCM succeeds however the SMS_COMPONENT_MANAGER status is critical and the errors indicate that the system is trying to access the admin$ share of the SQL cluster instance which of course doesn't exist because this is a virtual instance.  In the site roles I see both of the cluster nodes which have the DB role installed as well as the SQL Cluster node which does not have this role installed.  The error logs indicate error 1037, 0x4b3, 0x800704b3.  Additionally, I believe this is impacting my ability to approve, download, and deploy SUP updates using SCCM 2012.  Can someone provide assistance please?  I cannot post the logs and anything that I can post is transcribed from reading what displays on the system having issues due to this being a closed network with no approved method to transfer content to an internet facing system.  Additionally, the installation on a SQL cluster is a customer requirement as this cluster has several virtual instances for various infrastructure component DBs such as VMware and CITRIX (each has its own instance).
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:16 PM

Answers

• I decided that I can safely ignore those errors as most other items appear to be working correctly.
    • Marked as answer by djohnson627 Monday, July 18, 2016 3:56 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

0x800704b3 = "The network path was either typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently available. Please try retyping the path or contact your network administrator."

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Xin,

Thanks for the response.  However the network name does exist, is reachable via pinging the IP and the host name from the site server.  I can also resolve the name via nslookup.  What it appears the server is looking for is the admin$ share for the SQL Virtual Server which doesn't exist on Server 2008 R2 (i.e. \\ ServerName.fqdn \ admin$).

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:36 AM
  • I decided that I can safely ignore those errors as most other items appear to be working correctly.
    • Marked as answer by djohnson627 Monday, July 18, 2016 3:56 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 3:56 PM