none
Release to windows update for kb3025945 (to fix IE9 problems after ms14-080 kb3008923)? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Currently I haven't found out any helpful information regarding the date for the update to release through Windows Update.

For the current situation, you may consider to push that update through SCCM.

If you are using Windows 7 by now, please consider upgrade Internet Explorer to Version 11.

More information regarding Internet Explorer support time, please check: Stay up-to-date with Internet Explorer

Quoted:

After January 12, 2016, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical support and security updates. For example, customers using Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, or Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 SP1 should migrate to Internet Explorer 11 to continue receiving security updates and technical support. For more details regarding support timelines on Windows and Windows Embedded, see the Microsoft Support Lifecycle site.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 7:18 AM

All replies

• I'd like an answer to this too.

Monday, January 19, 2015 4:11 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Currently I haven't found out any helpful information regarding the date for the update to release through Windows Update.

For the current situation, you may consider to push that update through SCCM.

If you are using Windows 7 by now, please consider upgrade Internet Explorer to Version 11.

More information regarding Internet Explorer support time, please check: Stay up-to-date with Internet Explorer

Quoted:

After January 12, 2016, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical support and security updates. For example, customers using Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, or Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 SP1 should migrate to Internet Explorer 11 to continue receiving security updates and technical support. For more details regarding support timelines on Windows and Windows Embedded, see the Microsoft Support Lifecycle site.

Best regards

Michael Shao

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Is there any guidance for including this update via SCUP and SCCM?

I would be very interested in deploying the Dec 2014 cumulative update for IE 9, but IE crashed continuously on our test systems during the test phase for that update.  We would like to deploy both the update and the fix, but without some guidance for kb3025945, that will be difficult.  Perhaps if the KB3025945 is not going to be included in WSUS, someone at Microsoft could blog on how to deploy it using SCUP.

the KB article says kb3008923 is a prerequisite for KB3025945.  Does KB3025945 detect whether kb3008923 is installed and only install if it is?  The KB article mentions that you should not install KB3025945 until the machine has kb3008923.  Is that in the logic for KB3025945.  I would like to import KB3025945 using SCUP, but I don't know how much work I would need to do in the detection parts.  Sometimes when you import a Microsoft developed MSP, all the logic fills in by itself.  Is this the case for KB3025945

I would guess that most of your customers that are not on IE 11 are not in that predicament by choice, but are lagging due to remaining incompatibilities with the IE 11 browser.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5:12 PM
  • Hi ToddMiller,

I am not familiar with SCCM, you may consider ask at the SCCM forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?category=systemcenter2012configurationmanager

Best regards

Michael Shao

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:37 AM