none
IE 10 Mangled Image issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am in the midst of a very strange occurence. I currently have an application installed on a client's machine that serves up a web app. For myself and another, the default IIS 7 logo displays partially with the rest of the image resembling tv static or snow. Sorry I cannot include the picture as this is my first post.

The root document for the web app tends to display similar, but upon refreshing may display partial contents of the javascript text or html text, but never the complete web form. Another user, however, is able to access this web app/iis server without any issue what so ever.

Please note the following conditions:

I am running windows 7 SP1 32 bit with IE10. 

The user who HAS access is running the same image/laptop etc. Possibly different drivers. IE Settings are managed by our domain, possible I have a bum set of GPO's being pushed down or his aren't pushed down fully etc.

The workstation is behind a SonicWALL TZ105, I have turned off Content Filtering and numerous other things to ensure it is not that device, still not completely sold. 

The other user (B) who DOES NOT have access is running Windows XP, but is a member of the same domain as myself and User A. 

I am at my witts end here as I have followed articles left and right and no one quite sees this error.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:39 PM

Answers

• Ok I've figured it out, the virtual NIC that sonicwall NetExtender creates contains a setting for Citrix' DNE Lightweight Filter, after uninstalling that from the services of the adapter, everything performed perfectly. Thanks to all for the ideas!
    Friday, June 27, 2014 8:04 PM

All replies

• logo displays partially with the rest of the image resembling tv static or snow.

windows 7 SP1 32 bit with IE10. 

What video?  Try using  Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.  (In Options, Advanced tab).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

f12>Emulation tab, what documentMode does the page load as. Compare the Tools>Compatibility view settings on both machines.

Check that both machines have the same set of Windows updates and display driver updates...

snowy images is indicative of a DirectX version issue or png images running in a legacy documentMode without the pngfix.htc behaviour.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:56 PM
  • Not a video, just the generic IIS 7 logo. Software rendering was the first thing I tried, no luck. Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:47 PM
  • Hi,

It seems like the compatibitly problem. Try to change the DocumentMode as IECustomizer said in IE for test. Glad to know if there was any updates.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:04 AM
  • I gave the DocumentMode change a shot, cycled through all options (IE 5,6,7,8,9,10). Working on matching windows updates and graphics drivers etc. Thanks for the idea. 
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Hi Roger,

I actually replied to this a couple weeks ago, I tried every combination of compatibility settings and DocumentMode options with the same result.

Thanks,

Friday, June 27, 2014 12:03 PM
  • Ok I've figured it out, the virtual NIC that sonicwall NetExtender creates contains a setting for Citrix' DNE Lightweight Filter, after uninstalling that from the services of the adapter, everything performed perfectly. Thanks to all for the ideas!
    Friday, June 27, 2014 8:04 PM