Sierra Wireless 1xEV-DO Network Adapter driver error on ThinkPad T60p RRS feed

• Question

• This driver will install but will give the following error:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

This is an imbedded EV-DO adapter model MC5720 from Sierra available in ThinkPad laptops from Lenovo. Is there an updated driver for this device?

Paul

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• I can confirm that even though the install from lenovo completes successfully the Sierra card is unrecognized in Device Manager.

This was done on a clean install of Pre-RC1 5536

-randy

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:39 PM
  • Same here, driver failed on pre-RC1 build as well
    Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:55 PM
  • Same here. Anyone have an updated driver?
    Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:31 PM
  • Despite getting the error, the Verizon connection works. I used the procedure outlined here

http://blogs.technet.com/keithcombs/archive/2006/04/30/426857.aspx 

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:32 PM
  • try this

get the MC5720AC.msi and move it to a temp folder

then

msiexec /a "MC5720AC.msi" 

it will then exctract a folder C:\program files\Sierra Wireless\MC5720\AC\USBMUX_DRIVERS

there you go.. i have not been able to fully test it.. but I got the extracted drivers and they all needed to be installed one by one, but it looks good.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:43 PM
  • The key does appear to get the MC5720AC.msi file extracted completely. I was having the problem for weeks.  Today I brute forced it by downloading an extractor program but only because I wasn't smart enough to use Eatonjb's recommendation and command line extract it.

And the drivers need to be updated device by device.  In Devices and Printers you will first get one Sierra Modem device that is yellowed out.  Update it and it will still be yellowed out but about 6 other device iterations appear.  One by one update their drivers from the same temp file you extracted the 5720 drivers to.  all should update except the network adapter.  When all except the one you want are updated reboot and it should than start working.

Perry.
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:14 PM