SCCM XP OS Deployment Driver Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully built and captured a Windows XP SP2 image on an HP DC5800.  I am intending to use this image on multiple HP Desktop machines which are configured with the same HAL.  When I deploy my image to the next model the drivers do not install during the deployment yet the required drivers are placed in the C:\Drivers folder.

FYI...

- In my task sequence I have WMI Queries seperating my drivers by assigned categories.
    - All required drivers are imported and distributed.
    - I can manually install all of the drivers from the C:\Drivers folder updon image completion.
    - I have also streamlined all of the drivers to their required INF, CAT. and SYS files and they have all been successfully tested.

Do I need to edit or create a sysprep.inf or customsettings.ini file to force the installation of these drivers?

Any information I can obtain will be extremely helpful.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:42 PM

Answers

• sometimes with xp, you can add an extra run command line, type in "RunDll32.exe Syssetup.dll,UpdatePnpDeviceDrivers" driver dectection at the end of the task sequence. This forces another detection and solved similar issues for me.
    • Marked as answer by ProStorm2000 Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:35 PM

All replies

• sometimes with xp, you can add an extra run command line, type in "RunDll32.exe Syssetup.dll,UpdatePnpDeviceDrivers" driver dectection at the end of the task sequence. This forces another detection and solved similar issues for me.
    • Marked as answer by ProStorm2000 Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:35 PM
  • Thank you very much!
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:59 PM
  • Thank you very much!

He guys,

Did this option works? We have the same problems in here.

Can you explain how and where to add this command?

Thx
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:36 PM