SCCM : Status messages are not reaching Central server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing an issue with status messages not reporting to central server.

I have a one central server, some primary servers and some secondary servers below each primary server. 

Since last two days i am facing an issue with software ditribution to clients which are reporting to one of the primary site. The clients are getting policies and running the advertisments but the status messages are not reporting back to central server. 

Status messages are successfully processing from other primary servers. Issue is with only one primary server. I did not find any error message in logs at primary server. Also the package replication is working fine and getting distributed to the DPs under the problematic site. 

Please let me know your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks.

• Moved by Eric MattoonMicrosoft employee Friday, December 10, 2010 6:46 PM This sounds like a site-to-site communication issue so moving to the "General" forum where you might have a better chance of getting a good answer (From:Configuration Manager Software Distribution)
    Friday, December 3, 2010 11:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• One more information, there is a backlog in TOSEND folder on problematic primary  , however its not very big. Apart from that nothing else seems to be issue.

Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:51 AM
  • I guess it has something to do with the question you already asked here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrgeneral/thread/2db149c7-a40b-4d6c-bab4-fe086ca1dc7e/. So please avoid double postings.
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 12:11 PM
  • No, its different. It looks same but we are taking about different primary servers.

This is related to status messages not reaching central server, however all the downward replication is going fine. I can see the objects on console of primary.

For other post, which you mentioned , that is for different primary site where no replication is happening at all. Objects which are crated on central site are not replicating to primary.

Hope this clears the picture a bit.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 2:25 AM
  • Hello - Is there any backlog in nboxes\statmgr.box? If yes there could some SQL connectivity issue ?

Did you enable/disable any "Status Filter Rules" ?

Anoop C Nair
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:00 PM
  • Just in case, this hotfix certainly wouldn't hurt to try:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982399
    Standardize. Simplify. Automate.
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:03 PM