Create task with ContentType (using Sequential Workflow for sharepoint 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I created workflow with SPD, but this tool have to many limits, so I come over to Sequential Workflow for sharepoint 2007 and I must say this is NICE TOOL!

But still I have one problem...

...I created several task for my approvers and everything works fine, but now I need create task with contentType...so In my Sharepoint site I allow manage content type in task list I create my own ContentType task. In Visual Studio I use same process as creating normal task and I set ContenTypeId to name of my task (its maybe wrong set contentTypeId to name of my Contentype task).

Can you help me?   Thanks so much....
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:46 AM workflow reference added to subject
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    If you want to use ContentType as workflow task, please make sure the parent of that ContentType is " WorkflowTask Content Type".
    The ID of " WorkflowTask Content Type" is 0x010801.
    And you cannot directly create that ContentType from SharePont site, becaure “WorkflowTask Content Type" is hidden.
    So you must create it in these way:
    1. You can create a Feature to implement that ContentType which inherit "WorkflowTask Content Type", then deploy and Activate it on SharePoint Server.
    2. You can develop that Content using Visual Studio, by using SharePoint Object Model, you can create a ContentType, Specify its parent ID and add it to SharePoint Server.

When you have this ContentTpye on SharePoint server, just go to Site Action > Site Content Type, find and click your ContentType, you can find its ID in the page url.

My blog: http://xiaoshatian.cnblogs.com
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Your ContentType must inherit WorkflowTask Content Type(ID is 0x010801), you can create this ContentType by Feature or Coding.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:38 AM
  • Ok, I not sure I understand you. I created taskContentType at sharepoint site, is there some tool to create content type?
    Or how can I find ID od my contentType???
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:28 PM
  • Hi,
    If you want to use ContentType as workflow task, please make sure the parent of that ContentType is " WorkflowTask Content Type".
    The ID of " WorkflowTask Content Type" is 0x010801.
    And you cannot directly create that ContentType from SharePont site, becaure “WorkflowTask Content Type" is hidden.
    So you must create it in these way:
    1. You can create a Feature to implement that ContentType which inherit "WorkflowTask Content Type", then deploy and Activate it on SharePoint Server.
    2. You can develop that Content using Visual Studio, by using SharePoint Object Model, you can create a ContentType, Specify its parent ID and add it to SharePoint Server.

When you have this ContentTpye on SharePoint server, just go to Site Action > Site Content Type, find and click your ContentType, you can find its ID in the page url.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:38 AM