Anonymous instead of proper logon RRS feed

• Question

• Good day.

I have two Win 2008 r2 servers. S1 is a production server with a database. S2 is a backup server for the database. On S1 i have a scheduled task that executes a procedure which copies the database to the S2 server. The task runs as NT Authority\System account. On S2 there is a share (\\S2\Backup) with modify permission for the computer name S1$. Everything looks fine on the surface. However the scheduled tast reports that \\S2\Backup is inaccessable. At the same time Windows security log on S2 gets an entry:
    Success Audit
    Event id 540
    Anonymous logon
    Workstation name S1 (notice the name)

Interesting thing - there is no Login failed record in the log.

What baffles me is that i have the same arraingement between S2 and other database servers and not a single problem.

If i reconfigure both servers to use a user login (not NT Authority\System) then backups are created correctly.

Regards
    Kamil

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:49 PM

Answers

• Try to run the task (or a similar one) while running process monitor, you should see if there's any access denied or path not found.

You can also run a cmd prompt as system with psexec and from there try to access the share.

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:20 PM