Wireless Desktop 7000/8000 with MCE issue - no stop button RRS feed

• Question

• I believe this to be a well-known issue - Vista MCE, when minimised with a paused video, will resume playback. Now the Wireless Desktop 7000 and 8000 both do not have STOP buttons for whatever reason. Is there a way around that using the keyboard (e.g. some alternate way of doing a stop button action - alt shortcut sequence or way to change binding?). Moving the cursor to find the stop button on the GUI is not really a solution.

Also does anyone know if MS plan to release a "fixed" keyboard. I think it is a massive oversight for a MCE keyboard to omit a STOP button. Quite frankly I can't believe they would have excluded that!
    • Edited by SamCPP Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:32 AM added more detail to subject
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 11:14 PM

Answers

• Well I have found out that the keyboard buttons are programmable via the MS software that is downloadable from their hardware page. So you can change one of the existing media keys to a stop button (e.g. the Windows Live Chat button or something like that).

Regards,
    SC

• Marked as answer by SamCPP Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:51 PM

All replies

• I should add, I don't actually have one so I can't see for myself. Was planning to buy if I could do something about the missing stop functionality.
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:41 AM
  • Well I have found out that the keyboard buttons are programmable via the MS software that is downloadable from their hardware page. So you can change one of the existing media keys to a stop button (e.g. the Windows Live Chat button or something like that).

Regards,
    SC

• Marked as answer by SamCPP Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:51 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

I am glad that you get the information which you need and this is also very helpful for other users who meet this issue.

If you need further help regarding Microsoft Desktop Set, you can also contact our Mouse and Keyboard Hardware Support:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/support/default.mspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:54 AM