none
DPM 2019 not enumerating some shares on 2019 file server cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using DPM 2019 to back up a new file server cluster also on 2019.

When i go to display shares, only some show, not all.  I have refreshed, still same.

I tried adding the dpm computer account to the share permissions but didnt work.

What are the permissions required for DPM to backup from share level.  I can see the files at drive level but need them at share level.

Anyone had this before?

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 9:13 AM

Answers

• Uninstalling the old agent, reinstall, and move role to that node with a forced refresh fixed it.

Very strange.

• Marked as answer by richsmif Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the File Server cluster using CSV or cluster disk? If you are using CSV, it is unsupported. 

DPM only supports Hyper-V and SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance (FCI) using Cluster Shared Volume (From DPM 2019 UR2 onwards). With CSV.

Thanks

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 9:28 AM
  • No there not CSV's, just file server cluster role.

I am running version 10.19.379.0

Sure its permissions related.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:15 AM
  • As a test, i have a created a brand new share under the file server role, with all default permissions and that isn't showing either.

Even after forcefully refreshing cluster name to re-enumerate the shares.

I will try to reinstall the agents manually on one of the cluster nodes, and move the role to that node see if it helps.  Need to be careful as this is a production system.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:24 AM
  • Uninstalling the old agent, reinstall, and move role to that node with a forced refresh fixed it.

Very strange.

• Marked as answer by richsmif Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:33 AM