Secondary Site SCCM on secondary DC error RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day, i am trying to install secondary SCCM site on PC which is secondary DC in domain. And i am getting error during installation:

Cannot add local user group SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_SMSProv_T01 to DCGK01, error code = 5 Configuration Manager Setup 20.07.2012 16:49:14 2256 (0x08D0)
    ERROR: Failed to add local group SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_SMSProv_T01, Win32 error = 0 Configuration Manager Setup 20.07.2012 16:49:14 2256 (0x08D0)

So the first question - is it possible to install on DC secondary Site?

If it is possible how can i solve this error?

Thank you.

Moto

Friday, July 20, 2012 11:23 AM

Answers

• Problem solved after i`ve added the secondary site computer account to Domain Admins group. Installation finishes withou errrors. So If we are installing secondary site on DC both of computer accounts (Primary Server, Secondary Server) must be a members of Domain Admins group.

Moto

• Marked as answer by aaamoto Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:56 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:56 AM

All replies

• Error Code 5 means Access is denied. Does your primary server has local admin rights on the secondary site server (in your case DC)?

Friday, July 20, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. Because secondary site PC is DC i couldnot see any Local users, maybe i should make Primary PC a member of Domain Admin group, i will try thank you.

Moto

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:44 AM
  • i`ve maded  primary site PC a member of Domain Admins, but still the same error...

Moto

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:14 AM
  • Did you reboot the primary server after ithas been added to the Domain Admins group? If you add a computer account to an active directory group, the
    computer doesn't "know" of this new membership until it is rebooted.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 7:29 AM
  • still the same reboot did not helps me...  i`ve rebooted the primary site PC and the secondary site PC - same error

Moto

• Edited by aaamoto Monday, July 23, 2012 7:56 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Add your primary computer server account to the Builtin Administrators group on the DC and restart the primary site server.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:15 AM
  • Maybe i am misunderstand you, but how could i found Builtin Administrators group on the DC? I`ve added primary server account to domain Builtin Administrators group reboot both computers, the same error... (

Moto

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:25 AM
  • In your previous post you said you added the server to Domain Admins group. I just wanted to make sure that the primary server computer account has been added to the Adminiistrators security group.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 12:50 PM
  • Problem solved after i`ve added the secondary site computer account to Domain Admins group. Installation finishes withou errrors. So If we are installing secondary site on DC both of computer accounts (Primary Server, Secondary Server) must be a members of Domain Admins group.

Moto

• Marked as answer by aaamoto Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:56 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:56 AM