Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• When a user tried to access SharePoint site, the Access Denied error show.

then I check user permission of this page, figure out the page permission has been edited and stopped inheriting. I don't know who has modified it, how can I check?

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:29 PM

Answers

• If Audit logs was configured for your site collection, then you can use it to get the information on who altered the permissions for your page.

Site Collection Administration >> Audit Log Reports

More info here - http://sharepoint-works.blogspot.com/2013/07/audit-logging-in-sharepoint-2013.html

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Hi Anda,

If you haven't enabled audit log, the historical auditing will not exist.

An alternative may be to crawl through your IIS logs rather than MOSS audit to see who called the page that sets those permissions.

Please enable Auditing log to help you track future events.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Anda menebak Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:55 PM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:58 AM

All replies

• If Audit logs was configured for your site collection, then you can use it to get the information on who altered the permissions for your page.

Site Collection Administration >> Audit Log Reports

More info here - http://sharepoint-works.blogspot.com/2013/07/audit-logging-in-sharepoint-2013.html

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Hi Anda,

If you haven't enabled audit log, the historical auditing will not exist.

An alternative may be to crawl through your IIS logs rather than MOSS audit to see who called the page that sets those permissions.

Please enable Auditing log to help you track future events.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Anda menebak Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:55 PM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:58 AM
  • yes I didn't enable audit log.

but I get the new point.

thanks all

Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:55 PM