Remove server from AD FS farm RRS feed

• Question

• We have ADFS Farm using WID. Secundary server is broken and I need to install a new computer. At the meantime I'd like to remove this server from de farm...How could I do it ??

Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:54 AM

All replies

• Is that an ADFS 2012 R2? If yes, just wipe the machine and rebuild it. The farm doesn't keep track of the secondary server, just the primary. So you have nothing to "clean".

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:14 PM
  • OK...and what happens is Primary Server is broken ??

Friday, August 18, 2017 9:47 AM
  • If it is your only server then you have to restore it.

If you have another secondary server, then you can take over the primary role from the secondary.

You might be interested in reading this too: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/pie/2016/09/13/ad-fun-services-list-all-the-members-of-an-adfs-farm/

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:37 AM