none
Suddenly phone sign-in is broken for both Microsoft Account and Office 365 logins RRS feed

• Question

• I've had phone sign-in setup for both work and personal accounts for a long time and they worked great. Recently however, phone sign in stopped working on my Pixel 2XL (Android 10). It was working after I did the recent upgrade to Android 10, this seems like maybe something server side.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Microsoft Authenticator app which did not help. When I try to setup phone sign-in for my MSA now it tries and then states "Something went wrong. Please try again".

If I try to re-enable phone sign in for my O365 account, it states "Failed to setup phone-sign in".

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:07 PM

All replies

• Same issue with one of our users.  I disable/renabled mfa and tried setting up new auth account and I get an error when I scan the qr code. "Unable to add the account. We couldn't add the account. Please verify that the activation code is correct and push notifications are enables on your device for this app.  It doesn't even send a text when I choose the to "set up a diff. method"
    Friday, September 20, 2019 6:44 PM
  • Any solution? Have the same issue. Same configuration.
    Friday, February 7, 2020 2:37 PM