Moblie Client RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Skype Enterprise on iOS and Android devices.

Can you please add the following features:

- Enable fingerprint authentication for iOS and Android compatible devices

- When wifi is required for video session, and the users try to start a video session without wifi avalaible : DISPLAY A MESSAGE to explain why the video call can't be made.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would log these at http://lync.ideascale.com/ so people can vote for this.

Thanks,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:24 PM
  • Hi GGUNTHER,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did you mean you want to use fingerprint authentication for SFB client on IOS and Android devices?

If it is the case, so far, you cannot use this option on IOS and Android devices, it’s by design behavior.

Based on my test, SFB video session is not supported for 3g/4g network, when using 3g/4g network, on IOS device you could click the video button, but the session cannot be started.

On Android device, the video button is gray, but on IOS and Android device,  there is no message display a explain why the video call can’t be made.

Based on my research, there is no such option, policy and registry for it.

So regarding your issue, we suggest you post in Lync SDK forum, there are experts will help you develop this function.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicatorsdk/threads

Thanks for your understanding.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 31, 2016 10:04 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would log these at http://lync.ideascale.com/ so people can vote for this.

Thanks,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:24 PM
  • Hi GGUNTHER,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did you mean you want to use fingerprint authentication for SFB client on IOS and Android devices?

If it is the case, so far, you cannot use this option on IOS and Android devices, it’s by design behavior.

Based on my test, SFB video session is not supported for 3g/4g network, when using 3g/4g network, on IOS device you could click the video button, but the session cannot be started.

On Android device, the video button is gray, but on IOS and Android device,  there is no message display a explain why the video call can’t be made.

Based on my research, there is no such option, policy and registry for it.

So regarding your issue, we suggest you post in Lync SDK forum, there are experts will help you develop this function.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicatorsdk/threads

Thanks for your understanding.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 31, 2016 10:04 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:52 AM