none
Not able to save Security permission template and groups as well RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2013 with SP1

When I am trying to save Security Permission template or a group I am getting

An unknown error has occurred.

this error is occurring for all the group except one.

Little back round about the environment:

Its a migrated one from Project server 2010 which had UMT financial server 2010 too then got migrated but in 2013 with UMT financial server. I am wondering if it is because of some unwanted entries available in DB

when I check the ULS log, I got below mentioned error :

ServiceApp:Project Server Service Application, User:i:0#.w|in\ktiwari, PSI: [ProjectServerError] Mismatched Attributes for PSErrorID SecurityInvalidGlobalPermissionUidRef. List of defined attributes: none. List of provided values: WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID, 39674341-2e72-4a5e-be18-f517f57a3026., LogLevelManager Warning-ulsID:0x62307279 has no entities explicitly specified

Void ProcessRequest() : SecurityInvalidGlobalPermissionUidRef

Mismatched Attributes for PSErrorID   SecurityInvalidGlobalPermissionUidRef. List of defined attributes: none. List   of provided values: WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID, 0f16b34d-a69a-4119-879b-1d9880ed249a.,   LogLevelManager Warning-ulsID:0x62307279 has no entities explicitly   specified.

kirtesh

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:55 PM

All replies

• Looking at the error it looks like an issue with the custom global permissions which might have come along with UMT.

Quick questions:

When you are migrating from PSVR2010 to PSVR2013 are you migrating the custom permissions of UMT as well? In case you are redoing the UMT configuration then please check if you are seeing the custom values in the Project Server 2010 Published DB in the below queries:

Select * FROM MSP_WEB_SECURITY_TEMPLATE_PERMISSIONS
      where WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID in  (Select WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS where WSEC_FEA_ACT_NAME_ID > 92076)

Select *  from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS where WSEC_FEA_ACT_NAME_ID > 92076

Select *  from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_SP_CAT_PERMISSIONS   where WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID not in (select WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS)

Select *  from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_ORG_PERMISSIONS
    where WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID not in (select WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS)

Select *  FROM MSP_WEB_CONVERSIONS WHERE (CONV_VALUE >= '100001' AND CONV_VALUE < '101000')

Select *  FROM MSP_SITEMAP_PERMISSIONS WHERE SM_UID = '6280BB21-EFAA-4eae-B462-5B304CC6853B' OR SM_UID  = '72EBAF85-4D96-47bd-99AE-41805BB6674E' OR SM_UID = '085E2650-BB94-4b89-A43B-5230F204333B' 

In case you find the values then the custom permissions are still available and you will have to either clean them before migration or create new Security templates in your Project Server 2013 environment (without copying from the existing template) and apply it to the Project Server categories/groups

You can also reach out to UMT as they might also have seen similar occurrences

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:55 PM
  • Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Even I am suspecting same (some unwanted entry in DB because of UMT)

Environment had been migrated long back now I got assigned into this work. In current environment client is only using project server 2103 not the UMT product.

I have executed sql queries and got result mentioned below:

Select * FROM MSP_WEB_SECURITY_TEMPLATE_PERMISSIONS
      where WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID in  (Select WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS where WSEC_FEA_ACT_NAME_ID > 92076)

Result:432 Rows

Select *  from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS where WSEC_FEA_ACT_NAME_ID > 92076

Result: 56 Rows

Select *  from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_SP_CAT_PERMISSIONS   where WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID not in (select WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS)

Result: 0 Rows

Select *  from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_ORG_PERMISSIONS
    where WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID not in (select WSEC_FEA_ACT_UID from MSP_WEB_SECURITY_FEATURES_ACTIONS)

Select *  FROM MSP_WEB_CONVERSIONS WHERE (CONV_VALUE >= '100001' AND CONV_VALUE < '101000')

Select *  FROM MSP_SITEMAP_PERMISSIONS WHERE SM_UID = '6280BB21-EFAA-4eae-B462-5B304CC6853B' OR SM_UID  = '72EBAF85-4D96-47bd-99AE-41805BB6674E' OR SM_UID = '085E2650-BB94-4b89-A43B-5230F204333B' 

Result: 72 Rows

Any Suggestions .

kirtesh

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:43 AM
  • Hi Kirtesh,

Removing those additional entries found as a result of the above queries should fix the issue but I am not sure what is the current state of the tables in Project Server 2013. I would recommend that you open a support case with Microsoft to help you.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:09 PM