Username has changed on Start Menu RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista Home Premium.

My account name is Chez.  The full name on the account is also set to Chez.  The registered user for windows is set to Chez and my user folder is c:\users\chez.

However, recently my name changed ont he start menu to "h".  Also, in explorer, the first folder under desktop, which used to be "Chez", is now "h".

How do I change this back?

Thanks
    Chez
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:45 PM

All replies

• Go to Control Panel and then to Users and find the account labeled h and delete it (you may need to go to the chez account to do this since I assume chez is an administrator and then you can use the manage another account to do the deletion). You would then be in Chez. It should then return to Chez (or you can open chez there and set it as the default and then reboot to check to see if it works).

If you're still having trouble I can use GoToAssist to connect to your machine and try ti fix the problem myself (with your help). I can be reached on Live Messenger at waltknight@msn.com.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:12 PM
  • There is no "h" account.  Only Chez.

The account is called chez, but shows on the start menu etc as h.

I am logged in as Chez.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:16 PM
  • Try going to Control Panel, Users and Chez should be there. Go to change your account name and it should say chez (or maybe it will say h) and just hit OK after making sure it says chez. Maybe a reset like this will override whatever is causing the h.

It might work even better if you change if from chez to chez1 and then change it back to chez.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:24 PM
  • I changed to something else and back.. no joy.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:48 PM