New MS Project Does Not Match Project Server 2010 PWA Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

One of my PMs created a new project, but the project in MS Project did not match the project in Project Server 2010, specifically the Work, Start/Finish Dates, and Remaining Work hours.  [We need to back-out hours charged to an existing project from last week and apply them to this project.]  I couldn't figure out the problem, so I re-created the project using File/Save As and over-wrote the new project my PM created.  I deleted everything in the file and re-created the tasks, assigned the Resources, Saved, Baselined, and Published the project.  Now the Start/Finish dates in the MS Project match the Project Center data on the PWA Page, but the Work and Remaining Work hours do not match. 

I deleted the new project, including the Project Site.  I started from our template and created a whole new project with a slightly different file name.  Same problem, Work and Remaining work do not match between MS Project and PWA.  I moved the hours from the existing project and put them on the new project, and now even the Actual Work hours do not match.  

Any ideas what is causing this mismatch?

Julie

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:28 PM

Answers

• We figured it out...  It was "user error".  We didn't have the Project Summary Bar in the new project, so the Work and Remaining Work hours at the top did not equal the hours displayed on PWA.  Thank you for your time!

Julie  <smh>

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:39 PM

All replies

• Julie,

May be problem is in the template. Try creating new project using out of the box blank project template and validate the scenario

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:16 AM
  • I just tried re-creating the project without the template. Same issues. The dates are okay, but the Work and Remaining Work hours do not match between MS Project and Project Server 2010 (same mismatch on hours values as before). Other suggestions?

Julie

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:37 PM
  • Could you please check Server and Project Pro CU version?

Also please share Screenshot of mismatch screen

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:58 PM
  • We figured it out...  It was "user error".  We didn't have the Project Summary Bar in the new project, so the Work and Remaining Work hours at the top did not equal the hours displayed on PWA.  Thank you for your time!

Julie  <smh>

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Happy to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:42 PM