Reservation of resources in a calendar: Cannot select resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We successfully followed these steps to create a calendar which allow the reservations of resources. The calendar is use for several months, but now we face this strange problem.

On the calendar view, we click on add resource, to show all the reservations of that specific resource. This seems to work for all the resources except for 1. When we select that 1 specific resource, nothing happens. Sometimes, we see that an error message appears for a fraction of a second, to fast to read.

To be more specific, this is what we do:

1. We click on Add Resource: a pop-up appears with all the available resources
    2. We click on the resource we know that doesn't work
    3. We click on "Add->"
    4. We click on OK: A second pop-up appears for a fraction of a second and then both resources disappear.

A possible workaround would be to delete this resource and recreate it. But the administrator of the list told me this isn't the first time this is happening.

Does anybody knows what to do about this? Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Frederik

Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Frederik,

It is a strange issue, I can't reproduce your issue in my SharePoint 2010.

For your issue, check whether other user with full control can add the resource.

Do a test in another browser, check whether the issue is exists.

I think you can try to delete this resource and recreate it as an workaround.

Besides, when the issue occurred, check the ULS log  to determine the exact cause of the error. ULS log is at:      
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 26, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Thx for your reply.

We have the same issue in other browsers.

When I looked into the ULS Logs, there wasn't an error message, but it gave the URL of the resource picker: _layouts/Picker.aspx?MultiSelect=True&CustomProperty=%7B02895920%2D3592%2D4EFE%2DB58E%2D434DCB94D5E2%7D&DialogTitle=Select%20Resources%20and%20Resource%20Groups&DialogImage=%2F%5Flayouts%2Fimages%2Fppeople%2Egif&PickerDialogType=Microsoft%2ESharePoint%2EApplicationPages%2EWebControls%2EResourcePickerDialog%2C%20Microsoft%2ESharePoint%2C%20Version%3D14%2E0%2E0%2E0%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%20PublicKeyToken%3D71e9bce111e9429c&EntitySeparator=%3B%EF%BC%9B%EF%B9%94%EF%B8%94%E2%8D%AE%E2%81%8F%E1%8D%A4%D8%9B

With that URL, i'm able to find the error message that I couldn't read before.

The error message says: No exact match was found. Click the item(s) that did not resolve for more options.

It is strange that it says no exact match was found because it has been picked from a list...

I hope this error message can help you and other who read is as well to find a proper solution for this error?

Kind regards,

Frederik

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Hi Frederik,

You can delete this resource and recreate it as an workaround.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:19 AM