Windows XP SP3 does not see the drive I added to make my raid bigger than 2 TB. Help RRS feed

• Question

• I had an existing raid that was under 2 TB.  I added 1 drive to the raid and using Windows Disk Management I was able to extend the volume to include the new drive.  I then had a 2 TB raid.  I need more space so I added another drive to the raid.  The 3ware raid controller sees the drive and it says the raid is now 2.7 TB but Windows does not see the drive at all using Disk Management.  Is there a way to make Windows see the drive or do I have to reconfigure the raid and loose my data?
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:19 PM

All replies

• Raid 5, Windows XP Pro SP3.    Raid is used for video logging and is currently being used to record air signal all day long.
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:23 PM
  • I believe there is a 2TB limit in 32-bit Windows which is why you cannot see more than 2TB.  You might be able to see 2.7TB with special software from a third party, but there is nothing in Windows XP 32-bit that will accommodate that.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:18 PM