none
Project server 2007--Custom field values aren't being saved for some projects? RRS feed

• Question

• project server 2007 sp1, For many projects the custom field values aren't being saved inspite of trying many values & republishing repeatedly. Both from professional and from pwa.

I've checked the backend views and the values aren't showing there either(showing as blank)! Any help possible?

thanks in advance

Monday, November 1, 2010 9:56 AM

Answers

• I second Livia: Please update your environment with SP2 and August CU.

Take all the four project databases before performing the following action plan.

-Open the customer field and the respective lookup table and save it back

-Create a new project plan and update the values of those custom fields and check the status.

-Ensure the jobs are processed in the Manage Queue.

-Check the ULS logs and Evnet logs for detailed description of the issue.

-Ensure the projects are getting published appropriately.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, November 1, 2010 2:52 PM

All replies

• Any errors in the queue or the ULS logs?

Maybe you should think about updating to current service pack... many errors have been solved by SP2.

Monday, November 1, 2010 10:04 AM
  • There's a message in the Logs :

PSI : WSSInterop.ReadWSSData

ReadWSSData : Wss info for project 825...(project uid) is empty

Monday, November 1, 2010 11:03 AM
  • I second Livia: Please update your environment with SP2 and August CU.

Take all the four project databases before performing the following action plan.

-Open the customer field and the respective lookup table and save it back

-Create a new project plan and update the values of those custom fields and check the status.

-Ensure the jobs are processed in the Manage Queue.

-Check the ULS logs and Evnet logs for detailed description of the issue.

-Ensure the projects are getting published appropriately.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, November 1, 2010 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

I have the Aug CU update

but when i create a enterprise custom field at task level, the value gets updated in PWA but does not get published.

What more needs to be done.

Thanks

mp

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 5:05 AM
  • Hi Max_Pin, I'm rebuilding the reporting database. It's supposed to fix the problem.

http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/forcerebuildofprojectserverreportingdatabase.aspx

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 6:24 AM
  • Hi MSP,

No luck,we followed the same steps,but not able to get the values published in mpp.

Thanks

mp

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

Please reply and let us know if this is a bug or how this feature could be achieved. we have done the rebuilding of the reporting database, but it doesnt seem to fix the problem.

Thanks

mp

Monday, January 31, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Please decribe more accurately what is happening. If the value is displayed in PWA, then it is published (it landed in the Published database). So I need more info to understand what the problem is.

Do you have this problem only with task custom fields or with other task information? Do you have the problem with project custom fields?

How do you update the value? Describe the exact steps. Do you work on the plan in Project Professional, or do you use the task update feature in PWA to update task custom fields?

Where do you expect to see the value and miss it? Where is the value displayed as expected? (Mention where you look in PWA).

Monday, January 31, 2011 1:36 PM