Windows tool for Scanning in Bizhub type of printer RRS feed

• Question

• Does windows have a tool that can be used to scan documents into pdf files without using the Adobe Acrobat Professional application?

To me it seems having a big Bizhub like that to be used by only one application is dangerous. If the prices are hiked you have no alternative for you. Can Microsoft develop a tool that can be used to scan documents of such big machines(Printers).

I will appreciate if there is any somewhere.

Thanks

Chimula

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, there is no such tool provided by Microsoft.

However, if you want to scan a document to PDF format, properly drivers or applications provided by your scanner manufacturer are needed.

Also, you can use Windows Fax and Scan to scan your files to pictures and put them into a document. Then, Microsoft Word 2010 can help you converting  the document to PDF format.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, June 4, 2012 9:09 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 8:56 AM

All replies

• you can use a tool called cutepdf and then you print to file as a pdf.
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my knowledge, there is no such tool provided by Microsoft.

However, if you want to scan a document to PDF format, properly drivers or applications provided by your scanner manufacturer are needed.

Also, you can use Windows Fax and Scan to scan your files to pictures and put them into a document. Then, Microsoft Word 2010 can help you converting  the document to PDF format.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, June 4, 2012 9:09 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 8:56 AM