resetting windows 10 to earlier date or else factory RRS feed

• Question

• my control panel in windows 10 is not responding so i want to restore to previous date i have created restore point later. which is not allowing me to factory reset through settings -> recovery. i want to reset my system through cmd any possible solutions will be appreciated
    Saturday, January 7, 2017 3:24 AM

All replies

• Windows has original OS data on a partition by default.To reset/chk Win folders/files & replace/chk,open cmd,

type:  Sfc /Scannow  the utility runs auto,once thru,type:  CHKDSK C: /F  agree to restart,type:  EXIT  restart

pc,the repairs are made in restart.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:37 AM
    Saturday, January 7, 2017 4:18 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, this article may also give you some ideas, please refer to the link:

How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands

http://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:37 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 8:31 AM