How to append the same thing to multiple folders names RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.  I regularly have to go through and manually click a lot of folders to add a -done to the end of their names.  Is there a clever way I can highlight a bunch of folders in Windows 7 and only type -done once and it'll add that to the end of each folders name?
    Friday, August 2, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hello everyone.  I regularly have to go through and manually click a lot of folders to add a -done to the end of their names.  Is there a clever way I can highlight a bunch of folders in Windows 7 and only type -done once and it'll add that to the end of each folders name?
    An easy alternative would consist of moving these folders into a "Done" subfolder.
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:31 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 5:03 PM

All replies

• Please try reading this review of some third party renaming utilities

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-rename-utility.htm

There are also five pages of comments at the bottom of the above page that you may find informative. 
    Friday, August 2, 2013 3:51 PM
    An easy alternative would consist of moving these folders into a "Done" subfolder.
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:31 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 5:03 PM