Documents and pictures disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday morning, My computer got very slow when I was trying to scan a document.  It took a very long time but it finally scanned and I got it saved to my desktop.  After saving to desktop I copy the document to a thumb drive.  I then did a restart on my computer and when it came back up, nothing was working.  I could not access personal emails through ATT nor could I access work emails through outlook.  After some chatting with ATT I found out that they were having a maintenance issue of some sort. I could not get into anything all day.  So when I got up this morning I started up the computer and the ATT homepage came up and I was able to get my personal email from ATT.  I was not able to get into Outlook.  I will have to reinstall it. When I check my documents and pictures, they were all gone. Then when I check the back/recovery it was gone too.  Everything is gone.  Is there anything you can do to help?
    Tuesday, April 14, 2020 7:00 PM

All replies

• Unless recovery points don't help to you, try another recovery tool to get your data
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:03 AM
  • Hi Franklin Ward,

I'd like to ask you several questions first to narrow down the issue.

Are you using an Exchange account? What is the error you got when you click to open Outlook? It's recommended to post a screenshot here. 

Are the files and pictures in your computer's store lost? Or those in your thumb drive?

Regards, 

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:09 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2020 1:26 AM