Connect App-V Word 2010 to local installed Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have the following problem:

- locallly installed: Outlook and OneNote 2010
    - App-V packages with Word, Excel, etc. 2010

When we start now Word 2010 all is OK. then we will send tis document as an attachment with Outlook. We get the message that for this action there is no assigned e-mail program.

What can we do to send from the App-V Word a mail with the local installed outlook 2010?

Please help me

Thanks Uwe

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:41 PM

Answers

• That's what I would normally recommend - install OneNote and Outlook locally and create a profile (it doesn't actually have to have an accounts in it). Capture the sequence of the other Office applications over the top.

However, since you've gone to the trouble of deploying Outlook and OneNote why not just install the remaining Office applications instead of virtualising. Without knowing your environment, I don't see that you're gaining much.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:20 PM

All replies

• When sequencing Word, did you have the same Outlook version installed on the sequencing machine?
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:04 PM
  • No - its a clean machine with nothing installed.

do mean when i have outlook installed it will be ok? is it then needed to create a outlook profile?

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:15 PM
  • That's what I would normally recommend - install OneNote and Outlook locally and create a profile (it doesn't actually have to have an accounts in it). Capture the sequence of the other Office applications over the top.

However, since you've gone to the trouble of deploying Outlook and OneNote why not just install the remaining Office applications instead of virtualising. Without knowing your environment, I don't see that you're gaining much.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Does your OSD for WORD, Excel, etc. have the <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED> tag set?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2007/09/20/a-look-under-the-covers-the-local-interaction-allowed-tag.aspx

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:07 AM
  • Hey Steve,

thanks for your reply, but in the OSD the tag is configured and i have the same problem.

I will try the suggestion from Aaron.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 7:27 AM