Windows 7 Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Four times in the last two weeks after rebooting my Windows 7 PC Outlook 2010 & Internet Explorer failed to open.  I had to do a full system restore each time to get around this problem.  What may be the cause and how do I prevent it from happening again?
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:30 PM

All replies

• Can you be a bit more specific?

Are you expecting these apps to open automatically upon login, or is it that they are failing to start when you're actively trying to start them?

If the latter, is any error message being put up?

Check your Windows logs, e.g., System and Applicaton, for any Error entries.  If there's some failure perhaps the detail will be listed there.  If you do find error entries corresponding with faults in starting your apps, pull out the detail and list it here.  Perhaps someone will be able to offer more specific help upon seeing that.

-Noel

My new eBook: Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options

Friday, December 30, 2011 9:48 PM
  • Outlook 2010 & Internet Explorer are in the startup group.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 11:10 PM
  • Hi,

According your description, I understand Outlook 2010 and Internet Explorer filed to start after boot. I would like to confirm the following with you for further troubleshooting:

1.When did this problem occur?

2.Did you install any software or update recently?

I suggest that you try to open Outlook or Internet Explorer manually, then check whether this problem occurs again. Please let me know the result. If you get any error message, please post it here.

Hope that helps

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:24 AM