none
Powerpoint 2007 Crashes

Question

• Hi,
    First off, we run Office 2007 Enterprise (SP2) all the latest patches on Windows Vista Enterprise (SP2) x64. We use Dell Latitude E6400 laptops.

I am having Powerpoint issues that we are able to duplicate on multiple machines. Powerpoint 2007 SP2 consistently crashes when I have multiple presentations open, and I copy and paste slides between the presentations. It doesn't happen every time but if you continually do this for anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes it will crash, especially with larger presentations. Usually it will be a Kernal32.dll error.

Additionally, scrolling (fast) through large presentations which contain many slides will also sometimes cause it to crash. This is more random though and tough to reproduce. Many users report that Powerpoint will crash often from one of these symptoms.

I have searched this forum as well as others and found little to no information about this issue, and have no solution. However, I have read that this is a multicore processor issue and one post reported disabling the processor down to one core seems to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

we have a same problem on multi core processors.  But not any solution yet. (only disable one core)

Regards

Tom

Monday, February 08, 2010 11:44 AM