Ghost lines in Outlook 2016 - 2017 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Sir/Madam,<o:p></o:p>

I am writing to ask for your technical insight concerning the 1px wide ghost horizontal –lines appearing in Outlook  2016 both in-between and in the inside of our email building blocks.  Even more weirdly the tables we use seem to receive focus and expand vertically when clicking next to them on the left of the page causing all of these lines to disappear immediately, which makes it irrelevant to try fixing the problem through manipulating some css properties on any individual elements as no css values – border, padding, margin or outline should or could change when clicking on another unrelated element.. Most frustratingly these issues only started to appear in the latest 2016 – 2017 versions of the program suggesting that they have even poorer HTML rendering capabilities than their predecessors.  I believe it would be a nice gesture from Microsoft and for the benefit of lots of developers if you collaborated in solving this issue.

Waiting for your early reply. 

Thank you for your attention. 

Balázs Petróczi HTML Newsletter Designer

Monday, June 19, 2017 8:24 AM

All replies

• The bug is known since years. see also: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/1f4f1e03-8ad5-4079-bc18-8fcaaa7b785d/outlook-2016-renders-horizontal-lines-seemingly-randomly-in-html-emails?forum=Office2016ITPro

It seems they don't care. I bet with the money spent in workarounds we could have solved the world hunger problems...

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

Now I cannot give you a solution. I can tell you that the issue is reproducible: the same code produces the same lines. But you change something at the bottom of your email and you see lines appearing or disappearing at the top of the email. Its an Outlook issue since 2007 and you cannot do much about it.

For Reference: https://mosaico.io/email-client-tricks/outlook-2016-weird-1px-horizontal-lines/

Regards,
    Jack

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:03 PM