Business Reporter RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I would just like to comment that removal of Business Reporter for Excel from ProClarity 6.3 is creating some problems within our company.  One comment I have received is that ProClarity is worthless without that functionality and many other folks are facing a lot of work to find alternatives to the many reports and analysis spreadsheets they have set up with that functionality.

We are now forced to support two versions of ProClarity since we need 6.3 for those few folks who are using 2005 cubes.  This is not an ideal situation.

Terry

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Terry,

Thanks for the feedback.  I certainly can understand how the discontinuation of BRE in 6.3 would create problems for a user base that relies so heavily on that functionality.  However, I believe that long term the native OLAP functionality introduced with Excel 2007 will surpass BRE in its features and stability.  The move will almost certainly be painful, but I think the long term payout will be worth the effort.

As an FYI, ProClarity 6.2 supports SSAS 2005 and also includes the BRE, but support for it ends in June, 2009.

Again, thanks for the input and please let us know if we can help in anyway.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 5:30 PM
  • How can we obtain a copy of ProClarity 6.2?  I seem unable to find that through any of our normal our Microsoft or corporate channels.

Thank you.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:32 PM
  • ProClarity 6.2 is available by request only.  If you are in need of a copy, please send an email to pclogininfo@microsoft.com and include your company name and the appropriate agreement number for ProClarity software. 

Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:01 AM
  • Working with our supplier I received the following:

We tried that email address and the email kicked back to us.  Our media contact at Microsoft is telling us we can’t purchase this any longer.

Are there any other options?  Can this be downloaded from somewhere?

Thank you.

Monday, June 23, 2008 1:49 PM
  • Apologies, but can you please try pclogini@microsoft.com.nospam, obviously with the removal of "nospam"?  I believe that should work.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:04 AM