none
is it possible to send Alerts to External Email address in sharepoint online site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am working on sharepoint/project server 2013 on-premises,

is it possible to send Alerts to External Email address (means user account is internal domain  and email address is external) in sharepoin on-premises site?

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:56 AM

All replies

• Yes, you need to setup email in Central Administration - then you can send to anyone.

Central Administration -> System Settings - > Configure outgoing e-mail settings.

• Proposed as answer by Karsten Bosteen Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:44 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:54 PM
  • Hi NajeebUllah, as long as your SMTP server is allowed to send email to external email addresses (i.e. outside your domain address) it should be working.

Note that you have to configure outgoing email settings in system settings of central admin (as described by John) for any sharepoint sites related notifications to work. Plus PWA email notification settings for Project Server alerts/notification emails to work. you will find this option in Central Admin -> General Application Settings -> PWA settings -> Alerts and Reminders

Hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:38 AM
  • Thanks To All,

I have already configure the email configuration,now i just change the domain user properties(email) to set the external email address, now the alerts working fine.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:06 AM