English language missing for Windows 7 ISO download page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm attempting to evaluate SCCM, and have created an evaluation environment in Vmware.

I want to create a windows 7 Pro based virtual machine as that company will not be moving to windows 10 for 3 or so years, as it's update process looks too risky and fault-prone.

I have 2 unused boxed retail versions of windows 7 Pro and ultimate.

While I have these DVDs, I'm looking to get the iso version for a virtual install.

But after going to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

and verifying the code, the mandatory Product Language dropdown lists 25 languages from Arabic to Ukrainian, but not english (No British English, No US english nor any other).

Is this an error on Microsoft's website or a deliberate act. Is it acceptable to create an ISO for this purpose from the retail media? (Used to be able to do these evaluations without hassle using my old Technet subscription, without this petty time-consuming, goodwill burning behaviour from Microsoft.)

Edit:

No English, Spanish, French, German. Doubt that's accidental.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:17 PM

Answers

• Microsoft has been made aware of this.  There has been no response nor eta.  You can of course download it fro MSDN if you have a subscription.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:26 AM