none
FIM CM Is it possible to achieve that a Certificate Manager can initiate and execute/complete a smartcard retire workflow by himself. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a scenario where i would like the Certificate Managers to be able to initiate and execute the retire policy for smartcards without the involvement of the subscriber.

Is that possible? What i can understand and what my tests have confirmed is that the execution part of the workflow must be handed over to the certificate subscriber.

Kind regards

Mikael

• Edited by Mikca11 Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:59 PM mistyping
    Monday, January 27, 2014 2:46 PM

Answers

• On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:46:06 +0000, Mikca11 wrote:

I have a scenario where i would like the Certificate Managers to be able to initiate retire the smartcards.

Is that possible? What i can understand and what my have confirmed is that the execution part of the workflow must be handed over to the certificate subscriber.

Yes, this is possible. You need to make sure that you've got the extended permissions set correctly, also check to make sure that you're either not doing data collection in the Retire policy, or if you are, that it isn't configured for the subscriber to provide it.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    I am Dyslexia of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.

• Marked as answer by Mikca11 Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:57 AM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:26 AM

All replies

• On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:46:06 +0000, Mikca11 wrote:

I have a scenario where i would like the Certificate Managers to be able to initiate retire the smartcards.

Is that possible? What i can understand and what my have confirmed is that the execution part of the workflow must be handed over to the certificate subscriber.

Yes, this is possible. You need to make sure that you've got the extended permissions set correctly, also check to make sure that you're either not doing data collection in the Retire policy, or if you are, that it isn't configured for the subscriber to provide it.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    I am Dyslexia of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.

• Marked as answer by Mikca11 Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:57 AM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:26 AM
  • Hi Paul

Thank you. Your suggestions worked perfectly.

Data collection in the Retire policy was enabled and it was configured for the subscriber to provide it. I removed the Data collection and know the Certificate Manager can complete the whole Retire workflow by himself.

Kind regards

Mikael

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:57 AM