The URL ‘[url]‘ is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have configure remote blob.i have set upload limit 1 MB. Files less then 1 MB upload fine but when upload larger then 1 mb getting following error.

The URL ‘[url]‘ is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web

pls tell how to fix it.

iffi
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hi imughal,

The error message is displayed when uploading documents greater than the configured MinimumBlobStorageSize, open SQL Server Configuration Manager and enable Enable FILESTREAM for file I/O streaming access and restart the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 26, 2011 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:30 AM

All replies

• Given that remote blob is more common with SP 2010 than with MOSS 2007, please confirm that you are using MOSS 2007.

I note that you have earlier said that you are using SP 2010 and when I moved that thread earlier this week, I requested that you post future SP 2010 questions to a SP 2010 forum. So presumably as you posted it here this isn't a SP 2010 question - or is it?

Moderator pre-SP 2010 forums

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:55 AM
  • Hi imughal,

The error message is displayed when uploading documents greater than the configured MinimumBlobStorageSize, open SQL Server Configuration Manager and enable Enable FILESTREAM for file I/O streaming access and restart the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 26, 2011 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:30 AM