none
Dont see timesheet in Project Lite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to Project Online. I have one user who have Project Online license and one user who have Project Lite license.

I assigned tasks to resources in some simple project form Project Online, but that resource dont see timesheet in Project Lite. Why i dont see it? I am quessing it is a permissions issue but can not find where to set the right permissions.

Can you help me with some guide, explanation or tell me important point in my setup?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:51 AM

All replies

• hi,

Have you assigned that Task to your resource and published the project successfully?

Also check if you have turned on Timesheets, for a cross check visit My Tasks page of your resource and you can get a fair idea about this situation.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for you repley.

Yes, I assigned that Takst to resource and published the project (in Project Online like administrator of project). But when I log on with that resource i dont see timesheet (in Project Lite)?
    For me in Project Lite are only visible Newsfeed, OneDrive, Sites, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote Online and Admin fields. Where should appear Timesheet?

Maybe some settings in PWA settings are not good. Can you tell me some of key points in this settings? I am sorry because i am new with this application and explanations must be on the lowest level how I can understand.
    I will be thankful with some guide or tutorial.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:55 AM
  • Hi,

Nothing to be sorry about :)

Here is a more workable solution which i am sure will help you :)

The solution was as follows:

• Go to PWA Settings, and under Security choose Manage Groups.
    • Click the Team Members group.
    • Scroll to the Categories section, and in the Selected Categories area highlight (select) My Tasks.
    • Click the box to allow the permission called Create New Task or Assignment which is under the grouping for Projects.
    • Click the box to allow the permission called Adjust Timesheet which is under the grouping for Resource.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:58 AM
  • Also it would be great if you can go through this article:

Project Server 2013: Can I have more than one task list on my Project Site?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2014/10/03/project-server-2013-can-i-have-more-than-one-task-list-on-my-project-site.aspx

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:05 AM