Outlook automatically creating calendar entries while typing RRS feed

• Question

• When I am writing an email or in skype or many other tools, at a certain point my system pauses for a couple of seconds (like a page refresh) and the letters that I typed in that moment of pause, are created as automatic calendar invite. That calendar invite is set into the next 30 min slot.

I’ve disabled all add-ins I could, reinstalled office, repaired office (online too), tried safe-mode, rebooted a few times and done everything I could think of and found online- problem persists.  

Any advice? 

Thursday, December 27, 2018 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What kind of calendar it creates, I mean is it empty calendar or what is the subject of the calendar invite? Is it creating based on email that you receive?  or its Randam events ? What version of Outlook build?

Have you tried this .. if its creating the event from the email, you can disable this feature. 

Stop Outlook from automatically adding Calendar events from emails

Let me know.

• Edited by Thuyavan Ganesan Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 31, 2018 5:24 AM
    Thursday, December 27, 2018 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the reply above? Does it work for you?

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:57 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:57 AM
    Friday, December 28, 2018 2:10 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the information above is helpful to you.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:41 AM
  • I have the same problem but I am using Microsoft Outlook 365 and not Outlook Mail.
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:03 AM
  • I am having this same problem, which started after an Office update a few days ago.

It's supremely annoying to constantly be adding calendar invites randomly while typing an email message. Any answers to making this stop would be very helpful. 

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:57 PM