Lync and FreePBX, routing inbound calls to lync RRS feed

• Question

• I hope this is the best place to ask this question.

I'm working on using Freepbx as a sip trunk for Lync Server 2013. At the moment, I can make calls between FreePBX extensions and Lync extensions, and can make calls to external PSTN numbers from Lync. But I'm stuck on how to get inbound PSTN calls to route to Lync.

My inbound route has a DID number, and I have set the destination to point to the Lync trunk. If I call the number assigned to the inbound route, and then watch the output on the FreePBX CLI, I can see that it is trying to send the call, but saying that everyone is busy/congested at moment. I think this may be because it is sending the number to Lync without the '+' in front of the number, and of course Lync numbers are in E.164 format.

Hopefully someone else has had this problem and can help me out.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:35 PM

Answers

• Thats a rather big question. I'll give these 2 comments..

1. The user you are trying to call must have the DDI\DID you are calling assigned as a line URI

2. the inbound calls are normalized through the Global Dial Plan so add a rule there that adds the +

Hope thats of use to you.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

• Marked as answer by cubetim Friday, August 15, 2014 10:35 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:20 PM

All replies

• Thats a rather big question. I'll give these 2 comments..

1. The user you are trying to call must have the DDI\DID you are calling assigned as a line URI

2. the inbound calls are normalized through the Global Dial Plan so add a rule there that adds the +

Hope thats of use to you.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

• Marked as answer by cubetim Friday, August 15, 2014 10:35 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Hi As paul said you have to add + to the incoming calls. Lync will accepts only calls with '+'. Try to assign the URI to the user ex tel:+12125550135 check this link http://ucken.blogspot.in/2011/05/enterprise-voice-best-practices-in-lync.html

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:08 AM
  • A gateway dial plan is used for inbound normalization.

Please check the dialed phone number have the right normalization rule.

For details about Lync inbound normalization, see

http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/2011/01/more-on-lync-inbound-normalization.html.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:23 AM
  • Thanks Paul.

Number 1 had definitely been set, but I hadn't done number 2.

Asterisk was sending the number without the plus. I made a rule from within Lync Dial Plan adding the plus to number being dialed inbound.

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:41 AM